The Pizzaburger, is a half-pound prime rib beef burger wrapped in hand-pressed pizza dough and baked to order and comes in two varieties:
- Pepperoni and Bacon Pizzaburger: Half-pound prime rib beef burger wrapped in a pepperoni pizza. Stuffed with bacon, pizza mozzarella and Boston Pizza’s signature pizza sauce, topped with even more pepperoni and pizza mozzarella and then baked to perfection.
- Five-Cheese Pizzaburger: Half-pound prime rib beef burger wrapped in a cheese pizza. Stuffed with pizza mozzarella, cheddar, feta, asiago and pizza sauce, topped with parmesan cheese and baked.
First, the head chef at Boston Pizza tried to combine pizza and a salad. Personally, I don’t think this one worked because the lettuce would get quite wilted in the process and not be so tasty:
The second video teased with the idea of mixing pizza & beer, but the chef quickly went back to the drawing board and decided to make a pizza + cake creation instead. I still think this is something that could actually work and would even try this out! I think the savoury aspects of the pizza crust could go nicely with the sweetness of the cake, but alas it was not chosen:
Finally was the video showcasing the Pizzaburger! I am very curious to see how this tastes and plan to head to a Boston Pizza in the next few days to try one out (UPDATE: here is my detailed pizzaburger review after trying one). On paper it sounds like such a great idea to combine two of North America’s most popular dishes. Now, I am just curious how it stands up in the taste department!
Pizza or burger? At Boston Pizza, now you don’t have to choose. The pizza burger is now available at Boston Pizza as of April 1st, so get to a Boston Pizza soon to try one out!
Boston Pizza approached me about the campaign and I thought it seemed like a really cool idea. I agreed to help spread the word as long as I could give away some gift cards to my readers to try the Pizzaburger for themselves. Also, Jim Treliving (owner of Boston Pizza) is one of my favourite dragons on CBC’s Dragon’s Den so I was happy to work with them! Even if you don’t like the idea of the Pizzaburger I still suggest giving Boston Pizza a try. They are one of my favourite spots to watch NFL games as they have a great TV setup and often give away prizes during the games. If you are looking for a food recommendation, my personal favourite menu item is their Thai Chicken Bites.
Boston Pizza Giveaway
Two people will win $50 Gift Cards* to try Boston Pizza’s Pizzaburger for themselves.
To enter the contest you will need to do at least one of the following and verify your entries using RaffleCopter below:
1) LIKE the Boston Pizza Facebook Page
2) Follow @BostonPizza on Twitter
3) Comment on this blog post answering the following question: “What menu item would you like to try the most at Boston Pizza?”
4) Tweet “I want to try the new #Pizzaburger from @bostonpizza. Enter to win 1 of 2 $50 Boston Pizza GCs here: http://www.cheapdude.com/food/boston-pizza-pizzaburger/“
5) LIKE CheapDude.com’s Facebook Page
6) Follow @beachrockinc on Twitter
The contest will run for one week from April 1st at 1:30pm until April 9th at 12:00am when 2 separate winners will be selected.
For more information about the Pizzaburger or Boston Pizza, check out their Facebook page or visit http://www.bostonpizza.com/. You can also follow them on Twitter at @bostonpizza and follow the conversation about the Pizzaburger using the #CouldItBe and #Pizzaburger hashtags.
*Contest Rules: This contest is open to all Canadians except residents of Quebec (due to Provincial restrictions placed on Contests). You must be at least 18 years of age to win. The winner may be required to prove their identity/age and answer a skill testing question to claim the prize. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Multiple entries from multiple accounts will be disqualified. CheapDude.com reserves the right to exclude any entries that are found to be in violation of the contest rules.
Disclaimer: I have received compensation for this blog post, but all views in the post are my own.